Do we support SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB::snmpEngineMaxMessageSize?

Hi, we are going to support SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB::snmpEngineMaxMessageSize in snmp4j and snmp4j-agent. I tried to update DefaultUdpTransportMapping.MaxInboundMessageSize but we still see snmp4j-agent send response with message size >DefaultUdpTransportMapping.MaxInboundMessageSize.
I see in logs, CommandProcessor.processPdu(CommandResponderEvent event) will updated event.maxSizeResponsePDU to Integer.MAX_VALUE.

Would you please give some help on it if we support it? Do you have example code to support SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB::snmpEngineMaxMessageSize?

Thanks a log for your support.
Simon.D

Hi Simon,

The MIB value SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB::snmpEngineMaxMessageSize is something different than DefaultUdpTransportMapping.maxInboundMessageSize. The first, is the calculated minimum of all TransportMappings associated with an agent at the time, the MIB has been initialised (this value is currently not recalculated at runtime).

The DefaultUdpTransportMapping.maxInboundMessageSize however, can be changed at any time during runtime. If that does not work, then you have not changed the value of the UDP transport mapping instance, your agent uses to send responses.

Best regards,
Frank

Thanks, Frank. Sorry for late reply since we are sharing the same account so I couldn’t receive the mail. (maybe I can apply one account later). We have found a W.A to change it in SendResponse.
Le’t see if we can find more efficient method to achieve it.
Thanks again.