Use of SNMP++ v2c on embedded linux

Hello, I would like to use the SNMP++ library on an embedded Linux. I am developing in Ubuntu with QT 4.13.2 and I have a version that is compiled for my desktop and one for embedded linux. We would like to use v2c and not v3.
On the desktop I have installed my library (both version 3.4.6) under /usr/lib and /usr/include/snmp++. So far everything works in my test environment and I can receive information from my router with snmp->get(…).
Unfortunately it does not work via Embedded Linux. With snmp->get() there is a different return value (not negative) after each compilation. Here is an example:
`if ((m_status = m_snmp->get(m_pdu, m_cTarget)) != SNMP_CLASS_SUCCESS){
qDebug() << m_status;
qDebug() << “snmp get error” << m_snmp->error_msg(m_status);
}

snmp get error SNMPv3: USM: Could not read from file`

Is there a plausible explanation for this?
I set version with m_cTarget.set_version(snmp_version(1)) and it works fine with desktop version.

Here is the code

Oid m_id(oid_string, true);
m_ipAddress = IpAddress(ipAddress);

m_cTarget = CTarget(m_ipAddress, commuinity, commuinity); // SNMP++ community target
m_cTarget.set_version(snmp_version(1));

Vb m_vb; // SNMP++ Variable Binding Object
m_vb.set_oid(oid_string);

m_snmp = new Snmp(m_status, (m_ipAddress.get_ip_version() == Address::version_ipv4), 0);
if (m_status != SNMP_CLASS_SUCCESS) { // check creation status
    std::cout << "snmp++ session not created" << m_snmp->error_msg(m_status); // if fail, print error string
    return;
}

qDebug() << m_snmp->get_version();

m_pdu += m_vb; // add the variable binding to the PDU

// getValue();

int status = 0;
    if ((m_status = m_snmp->get(m_pdu, m_cTarget)) != SNMP_CLASS_SUCCESS){
        qDebug() << m_status << SNMP_CLASS_SUCCESS;
        qDebug() << "snmp get error" << m_snmp->error_msg(m_status);
    }
    else {
    m_pdu.get_vb(m_vb,0); // extract the variable binding from PDU
        qDebug() << "System Descriptor = "<< m_vb.get_printable_value(); } // print out the value
        m_vb.get_value(m_value);

I think you have a general memory allocation problem in your code. Aren’t there missing “new”?

When Snmp::get(..) returns a random positive number, then the memory of the program is most likely corrupted.

Just a small addition: The current version of Snmp::error_msg() returns the wrong strings for invalid error codes. For such a very high value you should get a string with “Unkown error code”.

Regards,
Jochen